Wednesday, August 13, 2008

trying to medal in Baby Dressage

In keeping with current events, here's the Olympic-themed SP12 question of the week:

Which Olympic event would best describe your knitting/knitting style?

Gymnastics Team

Lace=balance beam: this event requires massive amounts of concentration and I cannot take my eyes off of the apparatus.

Socks=floor exercise: this is the event that goes everywhere, to all the corners of the earth. It tends to be the one that has the most energy and moves/shaping.

Sweater=uneven bars: this is a new addition to my routine. It has highs and lows, simple stockinette turns and cable twists and releases. It is an in-depth exercise, involving many castons/mounts for each piece of the sweater and castoffs/dismounts. Gotta stick the landing: the seaming is the last part that leaves an impression with the audience.

Wee Tiny Prayer socks=vault: quick and dirty and full of prayers.

(Can you tell what I watched last night?)

Speaking of the Olympics and knitting, I am working on a baby surprise jacket for the Ravelympics. I'm doing pretty well, too! I hope to finish it before we leave for camping next Friday. I don't want to seam it on the road without my internet! My traveling project will probably be the Central Park Hoodie I started before the Olympics. I've finished the back and sworn not to knit more on it until after the BSJ. We'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

you got in just under the wire for my contest :) i'll have a winner posted later this afternoon!