Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Naming the New House While Trying to Empty the Old

So I want to name our new home, but I totally stink at naming things. The previous owners called it Campasaurus Rex. We are Hokies, so maybe something related to Tech. I keep thinking about turtles and how they carry their homes on their backs. I want to call it something fun. Maybe it will come to me.

We've taken some stuff out to my mom's house. I think I may have underestimated the amount of stuff we will be keeping. We have too much stuff. I was hoping to sell furniture, and what doesn't sell I plan to donate. Much of it isn't worth storing, and certainly not worth hauling 600+ miles. I have donated about 6 large bags of clothes.

I start to feel overwhelmed when I look beyond the necessities. There's just not enough time to do all this the right way. We are home today and tomorrow, camping Thursday through Monday, and Kentucky bound the next Sunday. I suppose I could focus on loading the camper since we intend to leave it on the hill after camping.

Ack!

No comments: