Monday, November 17, 2008

Secret Pal 13

I'm a little late getting this up, but such is me.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I keep being drawn to Schaefer's Anne, but probably because that was the yarn for my 2nd pair of socks, and they were a wonderful experience.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Sadly, whatever I have on hand. Right now, DPNs are all together in DPN tubes, my new KP Options (yay!) are hanging out in the bag they came in, and my straights (which I rarely use any more) are in a bin in the closet. I'd like to get binder or case, similar to the one Knit Picks sells for the options, but I need a bargain! Some other knitters I know have a binder fromBass Pro Shops that seems to work well.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? In 2002, I learned how to knit at a class at the YMCA in Blacsburg, VA. Hokiehubby was fighting wildfires out in Utah and California and I needed something fun to do.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I did, but I haven't managed it lately.

5. What's your favorite scent? Oh, I really don't have one. Herbals, perhaps.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do have a bit of a sweet tooth, but I try not to indulge often. When I do, I like dark chocolate or cookies and cream ice cream.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have a mild interest in scrapbooking, but I suck at printing pictures. Ah, spinning. Maybe someday, but I can't afford it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to Christian mostly (KLOVE on the radio), but I like popular stuff (top 40? Do they still call it that?), country, bluegrass like Alison Krauss and Nickel Creek. If I had a gaming system, I would own Rock Band and sing it all night long! I have an iPod.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Blues and greens, reds and purples. I like my colors saturated, I'm not into pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and have two preschoolers (boy and girl). I have a dog and a cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I would if it were cold enough.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like socks and lace, but I'm feeling the need to do another sweater (I recently finished my first! Central Park Hoodie!).

13. What are you knitting right now? A scarf for my sister out of bamboo, and trying to cast on some socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circs-just got my nickel-plated Knit Picks Options. I mostly use wooden for my socks, I like my Britany Birch.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I have a knitter friend down the street with a set, but maybe someday.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Baby blanket from when I was pregant the first time, in 2003/04.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? I love Christmas, but not because of the presents, because of Baby Jesus.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Not so much. Unless yarn counts. I really should try that whole yarn diet thing and knit from stash. Nah.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Nothing I'm dying for, but I'd like to have the Harlot's calendar. I try not to think to hard on the other stuff cuz I don't knit very fast and I'm afraid I'll end up with an unruly stash. I have a small house.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Two color knitting. I've been meaning to try the Endpaper Mitts or some other mitten.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am. I'm a size 8 1/2US. 8 1/2 inches around the ball, 9 inches heel to big toe.

23. When is your birthday? February 24

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? ptownhokie

No comments: