Thursday, December 18, 2008

SP 13 question

Am I doing any holiday knitting?

Nope. Not one thing. Nada. Nil. Zip. Zero.

I'm just not ready for the pressure. Also, I'm a selfish knitter. I've only given away some washcloths, a couple of garter stitch scarves, 3 baby blankets and a baby layette.
I have a couple of in-laws who would like to receive hand-knits, but they want big things like sweaters and beaded lace stoles. I'm afraid that knitting for Christmas would set a precedent that would require me to knit for more people and I'm just not ready for that. I don't do well with deadlines, as evidences by the fact that my very first sock swap partner received her socks over a year late (sorry about that!). Sadly, none of my swaps have made it out on time, but SP 13 will be a change for me! You'll be getting your package before the end, honest!

In the meantime, I'm plugging away on my malibrigo nutkins. I frogged the short row heel and replaced it with a heel flap. Normally I don't mind the challenge of a new technique, but I really need these to be happy socks, and they weren't until I frogged. Knitting is to be a stress reducer, not inducer! When it's not fun, I don't want to do it. Back to some household chores so I can knit again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Selfish knitters rule! I know that knitting on a deadline would take all the pleasure away, just like trying to read a book on a deadline sucks the enjoyment and entertainment out of it.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful, happy, snug Christmas!

Your Secret Pal